example of soundart
Interview: 10 questions
1. When did you start making music, what is/was your motivation to do it?
When I was about 12 years old, I tried to create music or sound. :
I wanted to learn about music, and discover new sense from the music.
2. Tell me something about your living environment and the musical education. :
My father is a schoolteacher, and my mother is a nurse. And I have one elder brother.
My father and brother are a deep music-lover. I was a good influence on them.
I began to learn a piano at 14 years old. My parents always supported that I learned music.
3.Is making music your profession? What is the context in which you practice music nowadays? :
No. However, creation is my life, and it’s a thing such as philosophy.
4. How do you compose or create music or sound? Have you certain principles, use certain styles etc? :
My interest is a rule (/system) or limits in composition.
So, computer programming is a good trigger for me.
5. Tell me something about the instruments, technical equipment or tools you use? :
I use Max/MSP well from about 2002.
6. What are the chances of New Media for the music production in general
and you personally? :
7. How about producing and financing your musical productions?:
I am pessimistic about that.
8. Do you work individually as a musician/soundartist or in a group or collaborative?
If you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
I often perform live as a member of “mimiz”, that is a three-piace noise unit.
In the case of “mimiz”, most important thing is [improvisation].
However, in my solo work, that is [composition].
9. Is there any group, composer, style or movement which has a lasting influence on making music?
Arnold Schoenberg / Beck Hansen / Claudio Monteverdi / György Sándor Ligeti / Hildegard von Bingen / Miwa Masahiro / Morton Feldman / Orbital / Ornette Coleman / Olivier Messiaen
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a soundartist or musician?
I want to make scores of my music.