Gregory Lasserre (France)
Interview: 10 questions
1. When did you start making music, what is/was your motivation to do it?
I’m starting to experiment music when making artwork installation. I try to invent new musical language mode with sensor and interactivity.
2. Tell me something about your living environment and the musical education.
I always heard a lot of different musics
3.Is making music your profession? What is the context in which you practice music nowadays?
I play with a lot of media, not only sound, I try to find a relation between image and sound.
4. How do you compose or create music or sound? Have you certain principles, use certain styles etc?
There is a great part of random and improvisation in my musical performance and creation
5. Tell me something about the instruments, technical equipment or tools you use?
I prefer do my own sound software and after I play with it in special big or strange installation with special device or sensor. I try to invent new kind of interaction with sound.
6. What are the chances of New Media for the music production in general
and you personally?
7. How about producing and financing your musical productions?
My musical production is less expensive than my installation artwork and material.
We have an association : scenocosme : www.scenocosme.com and we have cultural sponsors and partners.
8. Do you work individually as a musician/soundartist or in a group or collaborative?
If you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
It’s more interesting to work in group, I work in duo with Anais met Den Ancxt. I also work with other musicians and theater company.
9. Is there any group, composer, style or movement which has a lasting influence on making music?
I love john cage and La Mounte Young
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a soundartist or musician?
I want to have more time to do more and more artwork.
List some links & resources