Interview: 10 questions
1. When did you start making music, what is/was your motivation to do it?
Curiosity, unexpressed emotions, and the counsciosness that sound-language is the most direct to make you understand and, at the same time, the most poetic one.
2. Tell me something about your living environment and the musical education.
I’m born and grown in a small city (Padova) in 1975. My father is a guitar and lute constructor, my mother loves to sing baroc music. I’ve studied in a private school of music for 5 years and after I’ve taken private lessons of viola from Prof. Fabio Urzi.
I larned to play a lot of instruments, most of all without taking lessons. Since 1998 i use a pc.
2. Is making music your profession? What is the context in which you practice music nowadays?
Actually I sell ( sometimes, tree/four times a years) music for soundtracks of short movies television spots or shops.
3. How do you compose or create music or sound? Have you certain principles, use certain styles etc?
It depends on the theme I’m working to. I’ve used samples from historical speeches, or recorded sound, and i’ve asked my friends to sing/speech, etc…
4. Tell me something about the instruments, technical equipment or tools you use?
Old line mixer Roland (16 channels) – pc and software, yamaha keyboard, and a mic for all the other instruments ( clarino / darbuka / harmonica / shaker / flute, etc.)
5. What are the chances of New Media for the music production in general and you personally?
New media tecnology increases for sure the amount and the speed of music productions, as well digital photography increase the number of photography images and products. I’m not so sure about the quality.
6. How about producing and financing your musical productions?
I’m making other works to live, or better to survive..
7. Do you work individually as a musician/soundartist or in a group or collaborative?
8. If you have experience in both, what is the difference, what do you prefer?
Individually you have more time and possibility to stop / think / delete something
9. Is there any group, composer, style or movement which has a lasting influence on making music?
Laurie Anderson / Frank Zappa / Brian Eno / Aphex Tween / Autechre / Murcof / Asa Chang and all “intelligent music”
10. What are your future plans or dreams as a soundartist or musician?
Live on playing with fantasy and notes without depending on an industrial production.